Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Fellowship

Our friends from Kansas, the Hulets, arrived last night. They are headed over to the beach today. They were members of the first church I served. It is great to have life-long friends.

This week I read Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God, by JI Packer. It was very encouraging and came at the right time for me. My personal devotional reading has been in the Minor prophets. Surely, all of these words were written for our instruction. The Word (and the prayers that accompany it) is our most practical comfort. Rekindle your Bible reading zeal.

I am looking forward to Sunday. I will be preaching from Acts 26 in the morning and Gal. 2:22-25 The Fruit of the Spirit-Patience. I need to heed these words more than anyone. I want it all and I want it now. May the Lord be pleased to give me victory over this sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment