Monday, February 15, 2010

Contemplative Monday

Monday is supposed to be my day off. It is the day I try to think about my personal devotion to Christ independent of my pastoral responsibilities. I try not to study sermon or Bible study topics and concentrate on my own development as a Christian man. It is after lunch and I haven't accomplished that yet. The responsibilities of life have gotten in the way. I am going to be reading chapters from books on preaching...Wait, I may need to scrap that plan and just read more Bible. I don't feel my knowledge of the Prophets is as good as it should be. The great thing is, today my knowledge CAN improve in any of the spiritual disciplines if I devote time and energy to them.

I had a great talk with my beautiful wife last night. We both want to be more holy and are seeking to hold each other accountable in our pursuit of greater Christ-likeness. It was the kind of discussion non Christian couples will never have. Sadly, many Christian couples won't likely be doing it either. It is great to have a wife that preeminently wants to be faithful to Christ. I learn a great deal from her. I hope your Monday is blessed. Let your light so shine before men...

No comments:

Post a Comment