Saturday, October 30, 2010

Preeminence of Christ

Since Christ must have preeminence in all things, why do you think we have compartmentalized and limited His domain to personal salvation? This of colossal importance but shouldn't His preeminence extend to our marriage, parenting, vocational life, business, recreation, entertainment, law, government(self, church, state), bioethics, euthanasia, abortion, education...

As Christians, we should be searching the Scriptures daily to discern the wisdom of God. We must be prepared to apply the whole counsel of God to every circumstance we face. Sometimes, we may be forced to delay action because we have not yet prayed and searched the Bible for the wisdom needed to make an informed decision. I have failed to think critically of all that is around me. Sinfulness, weariness and laziness compel me to practically agree with the Enemy's ancient deception, "Did God really say?..." I may not question Him overtly but in my unwillingness to shine the bright light of His Word on 'X' I have practically said, "Christ isn't preeminent in this area."

1 comment: