Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday December 4

I sometimes enjoy cool rainy days. My enjoyment of the rain will be put to the test in my run this evening. Particularly, as I slosh around the muddy streets, and motorists wonder, "Why is that fat guy running in the rain?"

Today, I will be fully engaged with Acts 8, Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch. I have a lot of room for growth as an expositor and preacher. Maybe today I can become 1% more faithful than yesterday. I have been very energized by my friend Jamie's zeal for biblical truth. It is like going to Disney World with a five year old for the first time. You begin to see it with fresh wonder. God is so good to us.

Please pray that I have what I call a "concentration burst" today. I have times where I lock in to the text for a few hours without any possibility of being distracted. It is like being "in the zone." Unfortunately, you cannot replicate the conditions. It just happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment