Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday December 21

I am starting preparations for my message Thursday night.

As a devoted Floridian I don't mind this little cool snap we are having. We have a fire in the fireplace this evening and my wife is preparing dinner which creates a buffet of fragrant scents.

SuSu (Susannah), my 2 year old daughter has been pretty sick for a couple of days. Please pray for her.

Today, is the shortest day of the year (I think). One of my colleagues, a pastor in the south of London, UK said that the sun rose around 8 a.m. yesterday and set at 3:50 p.m. Now that is a short day.
The Lord has a special place in His love for the British Isles. Look at a globe and notice how far north they are. Yet, the gulfstream strangely traverses nearby keeping their climate temperate. It is green all year and rarely stays below freezing for any length of time. It is snowing today, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment