Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Late Evening, December 29

Just returned home from my parents house after honoring the 64th anniversary of my dad's birth. It is great to age. Do you ever wonder where you will be in 10, 20, 30 years? Tonight, I drew a comparison between my place in life and Dad's journey. This is my 1983 (dad turned 38 in 1983). He owned a home and a large number of cars. I rent a home and have 2 cars (only one is operable). He had a 12 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. I have a 14 year old daughter, a 13 year old son, a 9 year old son, a 7 year old daughter, a 5 year old son, a 3 year old son, a 2 year old daughter and a 10 month old daughter. He had a really cool, obedient dog. I have Rebel. His life has changed a lot since then. I look forward to that day when the swarm of grandchildren will come and visit. I don't want to be 20 again, life was too hard from there to here. I couldn't again survive the near loss of my wife to an ectopic rupture in our first pregnancy, the miscarriages, the tough pregnancies and births, sick babies and the multiple pneumonias of Caleb...
Lord grant me true wisdom in Christ. Oh! That I might learn the lessons that you have taught me and the life lessons I see in others. May my next 38 years, Lord willing, far exceed the first 38.

No comments:

Post a Comment