Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday

I am studying for my messages tomorrow. I have imposed a new deadline for Saturday nights for the purpose of rest and honoring the Lord's Day. I am striving to put down my sermon prep by 7 p.m. This will be a change for me because I usually stay up until about 1 a.m. or later going over the texts/sermon notes. I don't know if I will make it today, but I will be in bed much earlier than usual. Hopefully, I will practice this new discipline in my life and trust God to bless my preparations and to demonstrate my confidence in Him by resting from my labors.

I am looking forward to the mini-series in Deuteronomy 6 for the remaining Sunday nights in August. This will nicely prepare us for the Fall series on The 10 Commandments, Lord willing.

Take some time to prepare your hearts for worship tomorrow. Finish all of your preparations for Sunday today so you can enjoy the day unencumbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment