Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Theology Tuesday

Today, I begin the cycle which yields Sunday sermons. I am beginning to think about Romans 2 from a technical vantage point. Hermeneutics requires a deep grammatical analysis of the words used in the texts and in the larger context. This is the part I wish people could see more of. Often much thought has to go into a phrase that will be uttered in a sermon.

I began reading Dennis Johnson's, Him We Proclaim-Preaching Christ From All The Scriptures today. It is my favorite subject. I love reading books in this genre. It inspires me to continue preaching Christ from the whole Bible and not be discouraged. I will try to synthesize elements from my daily readings and share them with you.

I received word from my friend yesterday about my proposed trip to Asia. The schedule is filling up. We need to raise a ton of money. I will need to prepare some seminary type lectures, sermons and Bible studies and evangelistic messages. I am delighted that some of you are praying for the work. They are hopeful my wife will come to minister to the women...

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your blogs! You and your family are in my daily prayers. Do not grow weary in well doing, in due season you will reap a harvest if you do not faint!
    Lots of love from Georgia!

    ReplyDelete