Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Personal Strengths and Weaknesses

In today's self-centric world sin is minimized and described as being a weakness (or not an area of strength) and therefore on that basis the individual is exonerated from consequences related to the sin. God did create us with talents and strengths to be used for His glory. He also gave us an expansive array of opportunities to grow in grace in those areas that are weak. Never does He give us a pass on obedience. Never does He indicate that His holy standards can be compromised. So to all of us living in the delusion that our weaknesses don't count as sin, turn to the One who will expose your sin and lead you to repentance.

I feel as though my sin and my inability far outweigh the duties of my calling. My vision exceeds my talent. Maybe in this place of self disappointment, God can use someone like me as His servant. You can be used for His glory today. Acknowledge your frailty, in this Christ is shown to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment