Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday is transition day

I always awake early on Thursday mornings and wonder how it can be Thursday again. It is the day of the week I like to have some clarity on the essence of my sermon on Sunday. On this Thursday, I am behind schedule. Acts 7 provides an amazing opportunity to teach the redemption story throught the lens of one of the Church's greatest apologists, Stephen. I will probably preach at least 4, as many as 10 sermons in Acts 7, Lord willing.

I enjoyed my men's Bible study downtown this morning, followed by Sr. Bible study at Perkins in Ocoee. Now I'm onto my personal, Pastor/Preacher Bible study, to be followed by teaching my husband/father Bible study to my family. What an awesome privilege and responsibility. If it comes to mind please pray that I will be a faithful herald of Christ's Gospel. I am extremely burdened that we be faithful to reach the community with the Hope of Christ. Maybe you could invite someone to be your guest at church this Sunday. I want my life to be characterized by an unfaltering drive to make the Glory of Christ known. Please continue to pray that the Lord will give us favor in providing a permanent meeting house.

No comments:

Post a Comment