Monday, October 19, 2009

Cool Air

Invigorating, energizing and fading this is the plight of our hometown weather. The warm up begins tomorrow, savor the breezes and clear blue skies. In John 3, Jesus likens the Spirit to "wind" whereby, we can see its effects and feel it on our faces but we cannot see from where it comes or where it goes. In many churches revivalism reigns. Is the Holy Spirit a cosmic butler? Does he run like a hired hand to cater to our whims? We had better take extra care in order to maintain appropriate reverence for the HOLY Spirit.

I hoping to read a large quantity of Scripture today for personal devotion. I will not take up the last section of Acts 7 until tomorrow.

We are planning the best Reformation Day celebration ever.

Sweet Abigail is having a birthday Saturday and wants a kitty. There are 2 kinds of people in the world those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't. Some are cat people, others prefer dogs and others don't like pets at all. I am a dog (no jokes for those of you who like to pick on my physical appearence, especially DWB) man. I love my baby girl more than life so if she wants a kitty she gets it! You should hear her pray that the Lord would somehow allow her to get one. If any of you have an orange, tiger looking kitten, I am in the market.

I like Neil Diamond...cool wardrobe and hair. 'Play it now, play it now!'

On another note, I always thought mobsters on TV dressed cool. I remember watching a stakeout of John Gotti or one of those mob bosses and there was a large henchman wearing one of those sweet terry cloth sweat suits and bright white tennis shoes. This guy hasn't exercised since the 60's. He has it zipped down with a GIANT gold necklace and medallion. I'd love to get one of those just for fun. How do you think my wife would feel about me sporting one of those in public?

3 comments:

  1. Mama would be just as shocked as me.:] Your love for Abby-Faith and all of us, is soooooo wonderful! Thanks for being a great dad. Oh, and have I told you that I'm a dog girl myself? Hope Gods providence is with you in your search for mr.tiger. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
    {Savannah, oldest of the crazy eights}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff said he'd be happy to loan you his sweatsuit and gold medallion. He'll bring it on Sunday.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, I am disappointed. You aren't following my blog. You were the one who said I should be doing it.

    ReplyDelete