Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday 22 October

Enjoyed Thursday morning Bible study at Perkins. Had one of the biggest crowds ever. I also enjoyed spending time with Paul afterward. He got the tour of our new house, Windermere and we talked theology.

Sermon prep in Acts 7 today. Proverbs and practical wisdom for family worship.

I feel better, no symptoms but am completely drained. I have a big run scheduled before supper but my bride advises against it. Will wisdom or stubborness reign?

An infusion of stamina for studying is needed. Reading is making me sleepy. Maybe a mid-afternoon coffee is in order. I really like Community Coffee 'Between Roast.' Tip of the cap to the Bailey's for introducing it to us.

When I think of my life, Lou Gehrig's famous farewell speech comes to mind with a twist of Christian worldview; "I consider myself the (Gehrig said "luckiest")most blessed man on the face of the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment