Thursday, October 29, 2009

Unmerited Favor on 30 October

Apart from my salvation, nothing rivals being married to Dana Sue. It is normal for a husband to extol the virtues of his wife (or should be). When I step back and examine her life, I am amazed. She loves purely. She sees the best in others, and is always seeking their good. The only challenge for my wife is she doesn't have enough time. Many of her friends (dozens and dozens) need time with her and she wants to give it but the time runs out. Several times per week she sets aside her plans and attempts to minister to them. My mom asked the question that many in my family wondered at the time we were getting engaged, "Is she for real? No one can be like that all the time." Yes mom, she is for real. As we celebrae our 16th anniversary tomorrow I realize she is even better than our imagination could conceive. So what can I say about what makes Dana Sue so special? It is because Christ has transformed her and she has been faithful to seek his face and obey.

And as if that wasn't enough, she is the most beautiful woman ever. May the Lord, according to His abundant Grace give us many more years of marriage. And may we see all of our children's children!

No comments:

Post a Comment