Friday, April 2, 2010

Fellowship Missed

My family was supposed to go over to the coast for a visit with a pastor friend and his family today. We couldn't make it. My sweet wife was feeling poorly and we were all tired.

I enjoyed reading a number of Psalms in addition to my Acts 13 sermon preparation today.

Abigail, my 7 year old daughter, and I went to the bookstore for a date. We read the original Fancy Nancy book and If You Give A Cat A Cupcake. She also had a very fancy Grapefruit/Sparkling water beverage(it was pink) and a pink sugar cookie. It is good to devote individual attention to each of our 8 children. My wife and I are intentional about it and always feel extra blessed by the experience. The children always speak volumes and seem to bask in the spotlight. On another kid note, we have just learned something new about Jameson. He is a very capable and fanatical/obsessive organizer. He is a complete nut so we will have to watch and see how this goes.

I really savor Resurrection Sunday. We assemble on the Lord's Day and rejoice in the finished work of Christ every week because of His atoning work. Take time to reflect on the essentials of the Christian faith. Nothing is more vital to us than the death, burial, resurrection and ascension of our Lord. We were in desperate need of a Mediator. God supplied all that we need in Christ!

I have to confess my gluttony and poor stewardship today. My favorite fast food sandwich is the Blackened Chicken Sandwich at Backyard Burger. It has been quite some time since I have had the privilege of consuming one. We happened to be in the South OBT area after visiting Dana's uncle, who turned 85 today, at a nursing home. Then it hit me like a lightning bolt, "There is a Backyard Burger near here!" For the first time in my illustrious eating history, I ate 2 blackened chicken sandwiches in one sitting(driving). It was phenomenal. Jameson has requested some indoor football before going to bed...I really must go.

1 comment:

  1. I doubt you descended into gluttony--merely a glorious appreciation of God's good culinary creation!

    ReplyDelete