Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday

We are rejoicing in the amazing story of S.S.'s kidney transplant. God is so merciful and kind to His children!

I am reading Preaching Pure and Simple by Stuart Olyott again. He is such a godly man and offers rich insight into the importance of preaching. I need to daily grow as a herald of Christ. I have been going through a sweet time with the Lord the last few days; His grace seems sweeter, His Word seems more alive and His Spirit seems more active.

I have a bit of a preparation challenge for my sermon this week. The last 2 Acts 13 messages have been on the grand themes of the section. Now I have to go back and make sure none of the truth God inspired is left unexplored. It is a privilege and enormous responsibility to devote my life to the study, proclamation and application of the Scriptures.

I will be attending the Association of Reformed Baptist Churches in America General Assembly this month. I was able to attend the GA in Bremen, IN in 2002. These churches represent some very fine servants of Christ.

We are looking forward to our prayer meeting tomorrow night. I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment