Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lord's Day Evening

I had a humbling preaching experience today. Though I prepared well and prayed over the message, my delivery was weak and the message lacked clarity. I am hoping for growth and unction in preaching. Who is sufficient for these things? It is good that God uses His Word for His Glory and is not "helped" by men.

We are planning to attend the ARBCA General Assembly which starts a week from Tuesday. It will be good to be with some like-minded brethren who have a high regard for Christ. Some dear friends from our days in Kansas City will be there. It will be great to rekindle our friendship with them.

I am hoping to have an extensive Bible reading week. I find my personal worship and teaching are greatly helped when I am consuming large quantities of the Word. This study has to be independent of my preparations for Bible studies, discipleship and sermons.

No comments:

Post a Comment