Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Is A Big Workday

Friday is the pinnacle day of preparation for me. I have to have my messages on track or Saturday is really tough. I always study a great deal on Saturday. But, if Friday isn't productive in a measurable way, I am disappointed and will be under the gun. The study needs to yield real results for the body not just spiritual blessings for me.

I am looking forward to this Sunday. 5 years ago (6-26-2005)we had our first meeting as a church. It is a giant leap of faith to start a church with no core group in place. We thought the Dupres would come at least once (whom we met just a few weeks prior) but weren't sure if they would like us. We knew everyone else that came would be strangers to us. It seemed a lot like the book of Acts. The Lord has been pleased to sustain us thus far. My desire to see it to the end (humanly speaking) is even stronger than the all-consuming desire I had to plant. I think that means good things for us because God is the one energizing the effort. He put those desires in my heart (and yours?) and has been faithful.

In this time of remembrance, without presuming upon God, I'd like you to join me in praying that we would see a 100-fold harvest. By this time next year I would like to see our membership number double (we have 36 members representing about 100 people in our families). I'd also like to see us begin a process of securing a permanent meeting house location, a plan to train men to plant churches and go to the mission field and see our body growing in Christ-likeness. This isn't an appeal to easy believing number boosting. It is a call to true fruitfulness in ministry. Our church was founded on biblical principles. It isn't perfect because we are here(sinners tend to make things pear-shaped). We have only one walk with Christ. Let us walk/run the race He has set before us!

No comments:

Post a Comment