Monday, June 28, 2010

Tuesday's post

We took Jameson to get a small sub from Subway. He asks us ALL the time if we will take him for a sub. He has a fond memory in the past of really enjoying a sub from the gas station Subway near our house in Lake county. Kids are crazy like that.

We are looking forward to a productive week as a family. The kids have school, Dana has her many projects etc. We would like to see some progress, although we know more will be added and our life always has unexpected twists.

I am feeling a little tired. We are looking forward to the down time that a vacation trip offers, at least in theory. Last year, I started to really relax the day before we came home. The kids can't wait to see their friends, aunts and uncles. We are hoping to go to the family farm an hour or so north of Pittsburgh that has been in the family since before the Revolutionary War. My mom has done some research on behalf of my daughter Savannah. It looks like Savannah will be able to join the exclusive, Daughters Of The American Revolution, upon her 18th birthday. This is reserved for direct family links to soldiers who served in combat. Her many "greats" grandfather fought in the War of Independence. If you have known us for any length of time, you know history stuff like that gets our attention. She will be a good steward of our family's legacy.

I covet your prayers. I hope people will pray for my walk with Christ and for my preaching ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment