Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday

Happy birthday wishes to my youngest son Elijah! I hope your 4th birthday is filled with joy.

Dana is having her women's Bible study this morning. I am blessed to have such a godly wife.

I have stolen her copy (thanks for sharing AJ) of "The Works Of Henry Scougal" and began reading it in earnest late last evening. I was exposed to Scougal a few years back but I have never read his landmark work, 'The Life Of God In The Soul Of Man.' It is already one of my favorite books. Scougal has deep theological insight coupled with passionate affections toward Christ. He seems to exemplify the puritan preaching maxim of preaching (writing) with both "light and heat." I want to be a man like that.

I was glad to experience last Sunday evening's new worship service. Doing it for the first time helped me better see what needs to happen. I am tinkering with the sermon form for Sunday evening by being giving a more topical exposition that will hopefully benefit the saints and be accessible to unbelievers. I was disappointed with my message but look forward to growing and improving this week.

I am preparing my Wednesday night prayer meeting material, the sermon series in Acts 15, the Thursday a.m. Bible study in Exodus and the Sunday evening message on "The Divinity of Christ." Please pray that I will be a diligent workman and that the Holy Spirit would be pleased to provide illumination and unction.

We need to be sowing, watering and harvesting. What can you do today to advance the cause of Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment