Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday

After church yesterday my splendid bride and I took a long 2-3 hour nap. It was exquisite. We enjoyed a casual dinner then (rather spontaneously) went over to the Kolars here in Windermere for fireworks and a movie. They are really kind and generous folks. We absolutely love Windermere. We hope the Lord will allow us to remain here permanently.

I am reading up on the issues of law and gospel. We erect an artificial barrier between the Law of God and the Gospel of Christ. The antithesis of law is not grace or the Gospel but lawlessness. The antithesis of grace and the Gospel is not law but works. This includes the right use of the OT in light of the redemptive-historical NT fulfillment in Christ. I've been studying this for 10 years or so and still feel at square one...I am realizing again that I think much more highly of the inspired 66 books of the Bible than many commentators that I read. We really have to ask ourselves why we believe what we believe and articulate the biblical basis for our conclusions.

I hope you have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment