Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday morning

I had a rich time of devotion this morning. I read Titus, Romans 8-10 and Daniel 3-5. It amazes me how familiar texts can be so alive. The Word is living and active and sharper than a two-edged sword...I try to directly apply the pastoral epistles (in this case Titus) to my life and ministry. I really savored Romans today. Early in my reformation process I spent a large amount of time in the book. Of late, it has been more cf. material for other texts I am studying/teaching. Today, it was so new, fresh and exciting. In Daniel, I was again struck by God's providential care and how committed He is to His purposes and covenant. By the way,(since I have been saying it every week it seems) IDOLATRY IS TERMINALLY EVIL.

I am working on my sermon in Acts 14. The text for Sunday will be Acts 14:19-23, entitled, "We Must Through Many Tribulations Enter the Kingdom of God" . I wanted to maintain the narrative and complete the chapter but the density of the text requires more detailed examination.

I am also fasting today about a number of personal, spiritual and church things. Pray that I will not be distracted in my time of prayer and that God would make His direction known.

I am feeling progressively better. Thank you for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment