Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday

I am pretty sick today. In my pride, I recently told someone how I rarely get sick. Illness is a humbling event. It shows our dependence on God and others. I want to learn this lesson well. I need Christ and His saints.

If you didn't already hear, Wednesday night prayer meeting and Thursday morning Bible study are canceled. The prayer meeting is in our home I don't want anyone else to be exposed. I have a greater sympathy for my son Caleb who struggles with asthma.

The mercies of God are new each day and each day has its own challenges. Whatever you are facing, in all things praise Him.

I will be announcing the start of our Sunday evening service in the coming days. The purpose of this meeting is to more fully devote the day to the Lord in worship, equip the saints for ministry and preach the Gospel to unbelievers. I am excited about the possibility of exposing our church to those in search of a new reformed home and reaching the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment