Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday evening

My wife and I went to Lk. Sherwood Presbyterian Church (OPC) this evening. I have always wanted to meet the pastor. He wrote a great article on longevity in ministry that was a tremendous blessing to me. He has served faithfully at this church for more than 30 years (it may be more than 35). As I approach the 5th anniversary of our first meeting I have hopes of being in it for the long haul. God is sovereign. He may have a different plan but my inclination is to have a long pastorate at Covenant.

I am hoping to have a rich personal devotion time this week. I have to study for numerous reasons but nothing is more satisfying than reading and meditating on the word for personal devotion.

I am a bit discouraged, after all, it is Sunday night. I must be more diligent to meet unbelievers and invite them to Bible study and corporate worship. I so want to be faithful and fruitful.
I sometimes wish the Lord would say, "you are going in the right direction" or "you must do this differently..." Everyone has a better way for us to do church. I want His way.

I have had 2 different families ask about Sunday night services. I have been inclined to do it for some time. My initial thoughts were to do it near my home for the purposes of outreach and localized ministry. There are no Sunday night options here of any kind. The other logical choice is in the church building. I will be praying about this. Let me know if you have an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment