Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Meditation

The corporate worship of the church is only as Christ-exalting as the private devotion of her members.

I am praying for a couple of different things today. I am wanting to grow closer to my Lord devotionally and I am hoping to aid others in this pursuit.

I will be reading the Scripture today in a slow meditative way, and asking the Lord to change my heart as the Truth of Scripture is held up as a mirror which exposes my sin.

Since Sunday is the Lord's Day, at my house we call it King's Day. On Mondays, I try to honor Queen's Day with my wife. Sometimes this event is only an hour long but I try to set aside undistracted time with my treasured bride. We will have some time later today. You pastors out there should really think about adding Queen's Day to your calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment