Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday

I met a guy who survived a lightning strike today, I don't think he saw God's grace in it however.

Tomorrow, Thursday morning Bible study in downtown Orlando on prayer. Sr. Bible study at Perkins in Ocoee is on 2 John @ 8:30.

I talked with my big kids about Acts 8 last night which is next for Sunday morning preaching. They have keen insights into the Scriptures.

On a personal note, I have given up Diet Coke. It has been about 6 days and I have actually had withdrawal symptoms! I started drinking it when I made a push to go sugar-free a few years back. I had been drinking gigantic amounts. I read alot of material and the aspartame is bad stuff. I always go "all in" on things like this so cold turkey was the only option. Also, I am trying to exercise 6 days per week. I have averaged about 4 per week the last month or so. 3 for 3 on exercise this week with 2 days having weight training and running. Today, I lifted in the morning and plan to run before dinner. The eating and exercise programs are great opportunities to be more disciplined. Though bodily exercise profits 'a little' it also helps my spiritual life somehow which is excellent both now and in eternity.

I just ate a cinnamon roll. I don't think that is a good Diet Coke trade off. The work of personal discipline continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment