Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday Thumping

I really benefited from the the early morning discussion on prayer with my brothers. It was heart-searching and convicting. I must be more devoted to Christ in prayer.

I am really looking forward to preaching Acts 8, I like it at least as much as Acts 7 but I always say that about the texts I study. My favorite Bible section is the one I am preaching.

I am very encouraged about 2 men who are really serious about following Christ. One is a younger man with great zeal, and the other is an old friend who has come to be radically committed to reformed theology and is discerning a call to ministry.

We will be studying the catechism and Proverbs in family worship tonight.
I told my oldest son Jacob that our wrestling days are soon going to be over. He is going to be really big (he thinks he will be small) and is super strong. In a light hearted moment he asked if he could call me his "old man." I said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment